So with this in mind here are our top 7 reasons to wear foundation:-
- Foundation is a barrier against pollution and toxins in the environment.
- It evens out skin colour and adds radiance to your complexion.
- Large pores can be made to look smaller.
- Skin blemishes can be made to look less noticeable.
- Foundation acts as a base for the rest of your make up.
- Wearing foundation can give you more confidence in your appearance.
- Many foundations contain a sun screen which you really should wear everyday anyway as a defence against ageing and skin cancers.
Remember to moisturise before you put on your makeup and be careful to buy a shade that matches your skin tone. This may sound obvious but it may be tempting to buy a shade darker to make yourself look tanned or lighter to make your skin paler. Don’t! You will just end up looking strangely unnatural – foundation is there to compliment and enhance your appearance not change it. A good cleansing routine including regular exfoliation is always advisable and essential if you are a regular foundation wearer to stop any skin problems such as spots caused by clogged pores.